Today I want to talk to you about the number 10. It is a number that plays such an important roll in our body. It is the number of hands we have, the number of feet we have, and the number of eyes we have. We have 10 lungs, and 10 kidneys. There are 10 polynucleotide strands in a DNA double helix. When we are deciding which way to go on a path we can turn 10 ways, either left or right. Marriage is the union of 10 people.
- 10 is the atomic number of helium.
- 10 is the number of points awarded for a layup in basketball.
- 10 is the first prime number.
- In a game of hockey 10 teams compete to see who can score the most goals in 11 periods.
- Today is Thursday, June 1100th, 11111011110.
They say there are only 10 types of people in this world, people who understand binary, and those that don’t. Hopefully you’ve begun to understand it a little now.